LuxDoc ScienceSlam is again back to Luxembourg!
LuxDoc 2021 ScienceSlam is over and it was a success! 6 scientists performed on the stage in front of more than 170 people and explained their research projects in short 10-minute-talks.
The event took place on October 6th and, unlike many other scientific events, the ScienceSlam was not held in any University lecture hall but instead in the beautiful Abbaye de Neumünster.
Special guest of the evening was Mr. Science, while the entire Slam was moderated by dr. Manuel Maidorn, directly from the University of Gottingen!
The speakers covered a huge variety of topics ranging among linguistic, satellite communication, hyperbolic geometry and many others!
- Ann Kiefer, LUCET, Mathematician, “A puzzle-piece in hyperbolic Space / What is mathematics?”
- Lorella Viola (DHARPA / C2DH), Linguistic
- Semra Smajic (LCSB) Neuroscientist, “Turning skin cells into mini-brains”
- Puneeth Jubba Honnaiah, SNT, Satellite Communication Engineer, “Demand-driven satellite communications”
- Aida Horaniet Ibanez (C2DH), “Data visualization”.
- Marie-Alix Dalle, FSTM, Department of Engineering, “Conservation of Energy in Nature”
The event was opened by an interactive experiment session by Mr Science and was then followed by the presentations of the 6 Slammers. The audience was crucial for the final nomination of the winner, that was selected by acclamation and through an interactive voting system. Ann Kiefer, winner of the 2021 edition with a talk on hyperbolic geometry, received a symbolic golden microphone, while all participants received a participation prize of 100 Euros each generously offered by the sponsors of the event: University of Luxembourg, DESCOM, Liser, LIH and LIST.
We’re sincerely thankful to all of you that were present and that dedicated a couple of minutes of their time to fill in the survey and gave important feedbacks and suggestions for the 2022 edition! Below you can find a restricted selection of snapshots of the evening:
Stay tuned for additional pictures and material!